ENROLL NOW FOR 2017-2018!
SCA 2017-2018 Application (Spanish)
- Extended day, Monday through Thursday, and PREP tutoring and computer training is available throughout the week. PREP begins after Labor Day.
- Free breakfast and lunch (catered) for all students as well as a substantial afternoon snack from Second Harvest that can serve as a third meal of the day.
- One of only 11 schools in Tennessee chosen by Vanderbilt University for a special intervention training program.
- Character development through a school-wide discipline plan that encourages responsibility and accountability through self reflection.
- Foster grandparents in classrooms who are provided through a partnership with FiftyForward.
- Use of Title I tutors and Instructional Coaches.
- Data-driven instruction and project-based learning.
- Differentiated instruction – reading groups, small math groups, one-on-one tutoring.
- Use of higher level thinking techniques – asking open-ended questions, providing sentence starters.
- Use of cooperative learning strategies – kits, buddy reading, learning groups.
- Inclusion of special needs students in classes – all students working collectively in the classroom setting with accommodations for special needs students captured in a detailed IEP.
- Computer lab, mobile labs, and a library!
- A gorgeous, 22-acre campus on Neely’s Bend Road in Madison, TN—great classrooms, a large gym and cafeteria, playgrounds, a garden, and athletic fields.